20060703

Poem(s) Time: Save Me, Farewell

ok, so to recover from california vacation (not like there was much to recover from) (and by the way, yes i am back), i will post....Two poems for thee! I tried to find the least depressing ones...
hard to find in a sea of horrible, depressing poetry....

anyway...
oh, and don't forget! constructive criticism, destructive criticism, free money, whatever!



Save Me

I look out from the hole in the wall of my soul

Awaiting one who will come and rescue me

All the while building the wall stronger, thicker, higher

A glance of acknowledgement, anything to draw me out

Before it is too late, and my prison is complete

The prison of ice and stone I build around me

Do you see? Can you hear? Will you listen

To my silent pleas for help? Can you see anything

Beyond my ever changing mask?

I want to escape, but I am afraid

Afraid that you will hurt me again

This wall of mine grows ever stronger

A heart of stone and ice enclosing my soul

My inner being, my true feeling, hidden from sight

Hidden from anyone who might heal me

You speak to me; a glimmer of hope

But it only serves to drive my hope further into the ground

And drive my sanity out of this prison

The wall is complete. I cannot escape.

My hope fails. I am a caged bird.

My silent screams echo in my ears.

You might still save me, but only if you are strong enough

To break the wall and release my soul

If not, I will waste away and die alone.

Are you strong enough?

Can you break this wall?

Will you release me?


Will you?




Farewell

I love you

My one true love

My greatest wish

Is to be with you forever

But I have a secret

A terrible secret

That I can tell no one

Not even you

And now I must leave

Because of this secret

To keep you safe

Protect you from what is hidden

If you love me

Forget me now

Bury your memories of me

In the grave

If anyone asks,

I am dead

You know nothing about me

You never knew me

Someday, my love,

I may return

Not as myself

But still the one you know so well

If not, then I will see you

After death, in paradise

Until then, my love

Farewell

2 Comments:

Blogger Dana said...

Very good. :D

23:46  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love it and now that I have the site I shall never stop reading it!

10:42  

Post a Comment

<< Home