20060602

Poem Time: Torn heart

so here's a poem i wrote like today...
i'll get one of my stories up sometime
really

You haven’t said it

But I know

You say it with your movements, your hesitation

You are going to leave

I cannot stop it

No matter what I say,

No matter how I plead,

It will not bring you back

So I ask you now

As a last request

To do something

Before you leave

Please

Do not deny me

This last time

This last painful request

Please

If you have a heart at all

If you have any sort of feeling for me

Anything at all

Please

Take my heart

Take it out of

My shattered, bleeding hands

Take it,

And tear it up

Rip it to shreds

Until I feel nothing

For my heart cannot live without you

I will surely die

If I must live with the pain

Of this loss

So take my heart

Separate it from my soul

And my mind

And let me forget this love

Let me live

With this false peace

With no memory

Of what could have been

Please

Grant this pathetic request

For if you do mean to leave

Then it is the only thing you can give me now

And when you leave

Remember

That I still love you

And I will love you forever

But I will never remember

It is as it should be

Thank you

1 Comments:

Blogger Dana said...

Awww...sad! But really good!

23:39  

Post a Comment

<< Home